Möchte mein Englisch verbessern

Eskolein

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe das schon lange im Hinterkopf, dass ich mein Englisch verbessern möchte.
Daher wäre ich dankbar für eure tipps zu englischsprachiger literatur.
Ich denke dabei an solche mit vokabelhilfen.
Mein englisch ist soweit ich das einschätzen kann zwischen B1 und B2 Level, mit eher tendenz zu B1.

Habt ihr gute literaturtipps für mich ?

Für sonstige Vorschläge zum Englisch lernen bin ich offen.

Danke

Vaterlich

Im Grunde genommen musst du dich mit Englisch beschaeftigen um dein nicht nur englischen Vokabeln sonder auch deine Englischkentnisse zu verbessern - egal auf welcher Art und Weise, wo, wann, wie viel.

In deinem taeglichen Leben zum Beispiel könntest du, wo möglich, gegenüber Deutsch Englisch bevorzugen. Du könntest dir z.B. engslichsprachige Filme mit Englischenuntertitel anschauen oder die Anleitungen für deine Geraete im Englischen lesen, die Sprache vom deiner Telepfone und Computer als English waehlen.

Auch Übersetzungsrichtung könnte dir wohl behilflich sein: zwei (oder mehr)spraechige Publikationen, darunter auch Bücher. Derzeit kann ich nicht nennen, welche Verlaege, aber ich weiss, es gibt einige, die Bücher, auch Klassiker, im side-by-side Format in zwei Sprachen drucken. Oder offizielle mehrsprachige Publikationen von Behörden z.B.
Die Spektrum ist weit.

Diese sind nur zwei Wege zur Verberserung einer Sprache. Aber you get the idea, I guess. Zusammengefasst: Im Alltag gegenüber Deutsch immer Englisch bevorzugen und sich damit beschaeftigen. Auf jeden Fall sollte es, so denke ich erfahrungsgemaess, interassantere, spassigere und effizientere Wege sein, Englisch zu verbessern, als z.B. banale "Pride and Prejudice" zu lesen.

Skeptiker

Für sonstige Vorschläge zum Englisch lernen bin ich offen.

We could use this thread to write in english, since the best way to learn or improve a language is by using it.

For literature I'd recommend the usual school material as there would be: Animal Farm, Catcher in the Rye, Julius Ceasar ect. pp.

If you are between B1 and B2, then you are already pretty much high up the ladder, as far as I can remember.

Vaterlich

I second Skeptikers suggestion. I know there are, apart from him, at least a couple of other users here, who speak English fluently (sadly we don't have english native speakers, as far as I know). Joining this thread, they could certainly be of help and use to you - actually to me as well, for I don't have much opportunity here to speak or write English and/or German. It would hence help me refresh my English and keep it alive, as in the case with my German on this forum.

eruvaer

I can't resist to recommend my very favorite book. :)
has to be read in English of course (German version loses so much atmosphere with the translation...happened to be the most favorite book of my love though.)

Hannibal Rising.

in addition to reading, it's definitely helpful to listen to the language every day. just watch some movies and series in English original to get used to the various dialects. with few time, listening to "BFBS British's forces radio station in town" ...or sth alike.
just don't turn on the subtitles! ;)
if you really didn't understand a part, watch it again.

got known to some Turkish people who told me they're really great with English, cause they watch every movie in English (....only reading the Turkish subs..... :rolleyes: )

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Leo_69

Du kannst ja schon mal die Aussprache üben:

Drei Hexen schauen sich drei Swatch Uhren an.
Für Anfänger
Drei Hexen schauen sich drei Swatch Uhren an. Welche Hexe schaut welche Swatch Uhr an?
Und nun das Ganze in englischer Sprache!
Three witches watch three swatch watches. Which witch watch which swatch watch??
Das Ganze wieder in englischer Sprache!
Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?
Drei Schweizer Hexen-Schlampen, die sich wünschen geschlechtsumgewandelt zu sein, schauen sich schweizer Swatch Uhrenknöpfe an. Welche schweizer Hexen-Schlampe, die sich wünscht geschlechtsumgewandelt zu sein, schaut sich welche Swatch Uhrenknöpfe an?
Das ganze in Englisch:
Three swiss witch-bitches, which wished to be switched swiss witch-bitches, wish to watch swiss Swatch watch switches. Which swiss witch-bitch which wishes to be a switched swiss witch-bitch, wishes to watch which swiss Swatch watch switch?

Eskolein

Thanks for your feedback's.
I'm searching for something that can trigger me to learn englisch.
I think to watch movies in englisch will help me also to read books in englisch.
I also plan to go the Volkshochschule.

But currently I'm searching primary for good understanable english books. So let me know if you have recommendations for me.

alteglucke

Try "Harry Potter" or any kind of thriller. Try the books you like in german - probably you will like them in english. And don´t look up every word you don´t know - take it easy.

Vaterlich

Tell us about your interests and hobbies a bit, so we could recommend you a few book titles. "The Diary of Anna Frank" is a "good understandable" one in terms of language (I had read it both in German and English), but then you might find it suffocating. "The Old Man and the Sea" or "Of Mice and Men" for example shouldn't be difficult ones, either - both are short, easy to follow and read (as far as I remember), but again literary classics may not be your cup of tea.

Speaking of "good understandable english", you might find the "Simple Wikipedia" useful and read some articles in your spare times. (Hier is the "book" entry in simple English).

You might also want to bookmark "linguee" - a Godsend "search engine with which you can search billions of bilingual texts for words and expressions". Mainly for translators, aber auch for Lerners as well. Hier is an example for "Buch lesen":

"Wie Sie sehen, es gibt 45 emotionelle Krankheiten und nur eine von ihnen beeinflußt schädlich Ihre
Vernunft, wenn Sie dieses Buch lesen."
"As you will see there are 45 emotional diseases and only one of these is impacting your mind
adversely as you read this book."